17th February, 2022
Last date to apply
17th March, 2022
Arts, Design, Entertainment, and Media
Title: Content Writer
Location of Work Station: Sindh (Karachi)
Type of Job: Contractual
Reporting to: Communication Manager, and C.E.O
The job of a content writer is to create print and digital content that provides accurate information in terms of the services which the organization offers. The role is to attract potential beneficiaries/stakeholders by producing compelling writing – that a target market may be interested in reading about.
To develop content that accurately reflects company visions, content writers would not only be required to have a strong grip & understanding of the nature of services that it offers to its beneficiaries; but would also need to put in a lot of zeal to generate impactful messages.
- Bachelors in Journalism/Mass Communications/Literature or Equivalent
- 3+ years of working experience in marketing communications, content writing, or related field.
- Proven hands-on experience for working in the development/Non-government sector is a must.
- A creative storyteller who can weave content around marketing goals and brand values.
- An understanding of search engine optimization best practices.
- Familiar with digital marketing channels and platforms, along with their content guidelines.
- Having proposal writing experience would be a bonus.
- MS Office, Grammarly & Google Docs
- Typography Softwares such as inpage.
- Stong understanding of blogs & related websites.
- Collaborate closely with the Communications manager and project teams to write according to a company’s editorial style. An effective writer would work independently and would consistently meet deadlines.
- Stays calm under pressure, & be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects, with the ability to spin compelling stories around the service, brand, and target audience.
- Demonstrated flexibility, motivation, and maturity.
- An impeccable grasp of the English, Urdu & Sindhi languages, including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions. Stays updated with the latest industry trends.
- Ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with program teams & senior management.
Routine tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Produce well-researched content for publication on print & digital mediums such as:
1- Print Media – including Newsletters, Press Releases, Newspaper articles, Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) Materials, Brochures, Flyers, Greetings cards etc.
2- Hybrid Media – including Success Stories, Proposals, Organizational Profile, & presentations.
3- Digital Media – including Social media Creatives (daily), email marketing, videos, blogs along with content for Web sites & mobile applications.
- Combine industry best practices with organizational goals to deliver impactful messages. Creating compelling headlines and body copy that will capture not only the attention of the target audience, but also leaves an emotional impact.
- Conducting keyword research and using SEO best practices to increase traffic to the company website/social media platforms.
- Proofreading, editing, and enhancing existing content for enhanced Marketing/Communications outcomes. Checking & removing errors and inconsistencies.
- Follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the creative team to ensure timely development & delivery of content/materials
- Revising content whenever the program teams request changes
- Helping to create style guides or suggesting changes to ensure content is consistent and clear
- Draft responses to social media inquiries/comments.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates may send their CVs at [email protected] latest by 17th March, 2022.
Please mention the position tittle applying for in the subject line of the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for tests & interviews.
The organization reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
For further information please visit: www.las.org.pk