: Business Support and Management
: Africa & Middle East-Pakistan-Karachi
: 04/Aug/2022, 7:35:55 AM
: 18/Aug/2022, 5:59:00 PM
Support the CEO Pakistan in delivering the Country strategy; change management agenda; a predictable governance and control environment, through driving projects that are of country importance, country cross-functional business process improvements and ensuring consistency & efficiency across the region through alignment with global governance standards. Strong focus on challenging status quo, learning from sub-optimal events and effective communication of best practices.
- Conduct Fit for Growth reviews of franchises to form an independent view of the soundness of, People, Process, Technology) and Governance that underpin the economic activities of the franchise.
- Facilitate an integrated ‘One Bank’ approach across the business and supporting functions.
- Ensure appropriate prioritisation of issues around risk, control, investment, people, projects and change management within the Region.
- Assist the CEO in Sensitive Client Review and Risk Acceptance of all Group Sensitive Clients booked in Country has been completed.
- Work on specific projects/deep dives and ensure follow through, particularly when thematic issues arise; provide timely and succinct updates on issues/projects.
- Maintain the discipline of identification and closure of operational risk issues in the Country through innovative monitoring techniques and in country visibility.
- Ensure lessons learned are shared with other businesses and functions.
- As and where require attend risk committees and provide on-going challenge to key stakeholders (Country) to reinforce an effective control environment, and assist in resolving material Country issues that are cross-business and/or cross-functional in nature.
Risk, Control and Governance
- Ensure that all material risks, including all risk types (e.g., credit, operational, liquidity, reputational, market, country etc) which affect the country franchise are properly monitored, managed and where necessary escalated to appropriate individuals and relevant committees, as well as the Regional CEO and Regional COO, in accordance with the Group’s risk management framework.
- Provide inputs to the CEO on risk appetite, risk limits and risk acceptance for the country and challenge country risk control owners where appropriate.
- Execute Peer Reviews as and when required to provide assurance as the adequacy of the controls built into processes and their effective application
- Use MI published to pro-actively identify trends that point to potential pervasive control failures at a country/region level and result in a breakdown or deterioration of the control environment
- Monitor and pro-actively manage the effective closure of Risk items raised by Internal Audit or other 3rd party assurance providers. Monitor ‘live’ risks, and jointly with first line owners, ensure that appropriate management action is being taken to mitigate their impact.
- Execute the Annual Country Health Checks for CEO to ascertain the effectiveness of controls and risk management practices for the franchise.
- Track closure of ‘high’ rated issues and ageing issues at different risk forums including but not limited to ERC and ORF.
- Monitor key control indicators and manage indicative trends of deterioration to ensure the Country always operates within acceptable risk tolerances.
- Act to minimize operational loss and weak audit results and ensure appropriate focus on issues and resolutions. Ensure lessons learnt are addressed in all countries / businesses in the Region
- Partner with Group Operational Risk and Group Internal Audit for effective closure of issues.
- Ensure that delays in reporting KCI, performing CSTs and Residual Risk Assessments are tabled and discussed in Governance Forums.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Provide oversight across the business and all functions, entities and operations in the country, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws (e.g., laws governing securities activities, company law) and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Assist the CEO in identifying regulatory developments likely to affect business performance and take proactive steps to manage the impact. This includes proactive engagement with relevant regulators to register concerns, provide thought leadership and offer alternatives.
- Lead the Conduct Agenda for the franchise by ensuring that the country has a robust conduct plan which is updated quarterly for any newly identified conduct risks and ensure that respective action plans againts conduct risks are effectively delivered.
- Be the focal point for formulation and quarterly tracking of Government and Regulatory Relationship Plan (GRRP).
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/XXX [team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country and Cluster COO’s
- 1st Line Risk Practitioners – BORM/P&G Heads/Risk Managers/UORM’s
- Key members of Country/ Regional functions/business
- AME & Country CEOs Office
- 3rd line assurance providers
About Standard Chartered
Our purpose, to
drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be
here for good are achieved by how we each live our
valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers