We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Country Business Development – Pakistan
The Country Business Development Pakistan reports into the Country Manager – MENA East.
This is a supervisory role requiring the candidate demonstrate market thought leadership using high levels of relationship management, Sales, Market Development, and also to drive a high performance culture within the Pakistan office. The role demands capability to operate at a strategic and operational level and work with high levels of empowerment and accountability.
- Build MasterCard business in Pakistan and achieve financial targets
- Drive Mastercard share in Pakistan
- Develop and execute country strategy in line with Pakistan key objectives and MENA strategic pillars
- Demonstrate market thought leadership in leading payment solutions
- Lead and strengthen the overall relationship with all domestic stakeholders including Customer banks, Government, Central Bank , key merchants, processors …etc
- Acts as the Country spokesperson and represents MasterCard thought leadership
- Ensure full alignment with internal cross functional teams
- Monitor competition activities and build proactive strategy to maintain Mastercard thought leadership
- Drive high performance culture through coaching and motivating all office staff
- Ensure office compliance with all internal and external requirements.
- Focus on driving financial results (Net revenue & Market Share)
o The individual will:
Directly own the net revenue from core products and revenue from Acquiring and non-core products,
Establish and deliver a road map to achieve Country share movement plan in line with corporate objectives
- Manage customer banks relationship at all levels with proper engagement with the decision makers and senior management
- Enhance customers feedback and ensures problems of varying complexity are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction
- Provides leadership for the tactical and strategic approach to market (marketing campaigns, channel development, public relations, media and press, company brand and image) for consistency in engagement, distribution and fulfillment locally
- Manage and execute all aspects of business development (i.e. core consumer Debit / Credit /Prepaid/Corporate Solutions
- Build Acceptance infrastructure in coordination with NA Acceptance Lead
- Leverage Mastercard’s assets to lead the transformation to Digital in Pakistan
- Meets established deadlines and escalates issues which require additional resolution
- Uncover business opportunities and work with Mastercard cross functional team to assess new concepts and ideas of new products that support the market strategy
- Align with all cross functional teams and achieve mutual targets
- Develop market strategy, business planning, expense management, budget, financial monitoring …etc.
- Relevant experience in acceptance / payments / technology / banking verticals
- Superior market and industry knowledge with a proven track record for developing internal and external relationships.
- Proven strategic, leadership and negotiation skills’
- Strong team player, decisive and results driven, with high energy levels and initiative
- Analytical abilities, financial acumen, comfort in managing P&L, developing business case models
- People management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Urdu and English) combined with the maturity and cultural sensitivity to achieve credibility at all levels (internally / externally), including the ability to influence senior bankers
All About Us
MasterCard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment.
Join the industry’s most passionate, motivated & engaged global team – Our employees are encouraged to drive innovation every day in support of a more connected world – A World Beyond Cash.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.