Retired Officers only PAF / NAVY
Objectives of the position
Assist and deputize the Safety and Security Manager in overseeing the safety and security of Welthungerhilfe (WHH) personnel, assets and premises focusing on enabling the pursuit of WHH goals and the implementation of WHH projects in a safe and secure manner.
2. Duties and Responsibilities:
2.1 Duties with own area of responsibility:
- Follow up on surveys of WHH premises and residences of expatriate staff by the Safety and Security Manager, in order to ensure that the improvements deemed necessary by the Safety and Security Manager are finalized.
- Maintain and update safety and security relevant statistics, lists, plans and bulletins, such as e.g. statistics of incidents, lists of contact details, lists of security cleared hotels and guesthouses, plans for training, drills and exercises as well as the safety and security bulletin board.
- Act as the custodian for all safety and security relevant documents to ensure proper filing and accessibility.
- Monitoring the security environment, preparing daily/weekly security reports, identifying potential threats, and recommending appropriate action.
- Maintenance of Travel Requests clearance documentation and daily travel logs.
- Interact and develop relations with Security Staff from other agencies working in WHH Project areas, UN, relevant Government departments, partner NGO’s , INGOs and other Forums, and gather security information from these sources and liaise with Pakistan Army, District Administration and security agencies
- Supervise the guard service for WHH premises and residences of expatriate WHH personnel including the contractual compliance of security companies and liaise with the middle management of security companies accordingly. Report irregularities to the Safety and Security Manager.
- Track and log all movements of WHH personnel during duty travel.
- Maintain operational readiness and an incident response capability 24/7 taking turns with the Safety and Security Manager.
- Promote a cooperative and friendly atmosphere at work.
2.2 Duties without own area of responsibility:
- Assist and deputize the Safety and Security Manager in monitoring the media, the internet and available security reports in order to collate all safety and security relevant information, with a special focus on areas, where WHH is constantly stationed or where WHH is involved in the implementation of projects or might be involved in the implementation of projects in the future, including areas, where WHH personnel travels through or lives.
- Assist Safety and Security Manager to ensure that all staff members and partners are compliant to Safety and Security Protocols of WHH.
- Assist the Safety and Security Manager in supervising compliance of WHH personnel with the Security Plan of WHH Pakistan including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and advisories by conducting checks, and report non-compliance to the Safety and Security Manager.
- Assist the Safety and Security Manager in communicating safety and security relevant information to all WHH staff.
- Assist the Safety and Security Manager in the preparation, execution and evaluation of safety and security relevant in-house training, drills and exercises for WHH personnel.
- On behalf of the Safety and Security Manager check that all safety and security relevant technical devices are functioning properly, and report results to the Safety and Security Manager.
- Assist in the acquisition of all necessary requirements regarding documentation for obtaining travel NOCs from GOP/Pak Army and different government agencies.
- Assist the Safety and Security Manager in managing responses to emergencies.
- Deputize the Safety and Security Manager.
- Any other tasks, which might be added by the supervisor and are in line with the characteristics of this position.
- Relevant experience in INGOs and NGOs is desirable.
- University degree or equivalent competency developed in long standing working experience in the safety and security field in lieu of a university degree.
- Track record of highest moral and professional integrity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and impartiality.
- Strong commitment and proactive approach.
- Ability to build and sustain strong, trusted relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Sound judgment paired with good decision making and problem solving skills with a ‘hands on approach’.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and take control in case of incidents.
- Professional fluency in both English and Urdu with good drafting and reporting skills in both languages. Knowledge of other languages spoken in Pakistan will be an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and internet.
- Willingness to travel within Pakistan and abroad.
- Demonstrates capacity to work under pressure/stress.
The position holder should work in a client and team oriented manner and adhere to standards as described in the “WHH Code of Conduct”.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- PAF / NAVY Retired Officer: 10 years (Required)