Strategy & Transactions (SaT)
Valuation, Modeling and Economics (VME)
Are you building your tomorrow, today? If that sounds like you, we invite you to pursue a career with our industry leading Valuation and Modeling and Economics practice. (Learn more about our VME Services)
EY is looking for an Executive level Valuations and Business Modelling professional based in Karachi, Pakistan to join their team providing full suite of VME solutions to MENA clients.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, you’ll have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
You’ll help the VME team address clients transaction and non-transaction related decision-making process including strategic planning, identification and assessment of value creation financial reporting, market valuation for transactional purposes. EY has dedicated teams providing full suite of Valuation, Modeling and Economic Advisory solutions across a range of industries and clients, including:
- Real Estate, Hospitality and Construction (RHC)
- Corporate Business Modeling & Valuations
- Government Public Sector (GPS)
- Economic Advisory (EA)
- Decision Analytics (DA)
- Capital Equipment
Your key responsibilities
As a VME Executive, you are likely to spend your day focussing on commercial issues, working with management on parts of the acquisition process or transformation plans and regularly undertake valuations for strategic priorities. You will understand the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client, agreeing value measurements, and providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions, and advice.
You will make technical contributions to valuation client engagements and internal projects by gaining a thorough understanding of the target business and its market, and of clients’ issues, performing research and analysis of the target’s industry and of quoted companies operating in that sector. You will plan, prepare, and review deliverables in various forms including excel data books, written reports, presentations, and discussions with the client.
In addition, you will also help to create a positive learning culture for junior team members and support their development. You will take the responsibility for own learning and development, provide coaching to others, and participate in upward feedback.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strategic mindset – you will help clients identifying source of value creation and quantifying it. You will need to have a solution-oriented mind-set to act as a truly Corporate Finance advisor to leverage on EY capabilities and assist clients in solving their issues and unlocking potential for value growth
- Commercial Acumen – as part of the team you will regularly advise businesses on valuations issues with regards to acquisition, divestitures or restructuring and provide fairness opinions on transactions and restructurings
- Regulatory and Accounting knowledge – you will work with management as part of an acquisition process to understand how the value of acquired intangible and financial assets will impact accounting requirements, provide fair value opinion for financial reporting purpose
- Technical knowledge in relation to Corporate Finance and Valuation Fundamentals
To qualify for the role, you must have
- As a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, or business
- At least 3 – 5 years of related business valuation work experience
- Modelling and appraisal experience in the various sectors. As a minimum, it is expected you should have performed multiple business valuations (DCF/Guideline Public Companies Method and Precedent Transactions methods) and purchase price allocations, developed complex financial models (including debt financing), prepared feasibility studies and supported on the review of multiple 3rd party appraisal reports.
- In-depth understanding of complex valuation fundamentals [discounts & premiums, option pricing models, PWERM, intangible asset valuation], and experience in market assessment, market sizing and supply-demand gaps analysis
- Broad understanding of IFRS standards related to fair value measurements, business combination, impairment testing etc.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Previous valuation and modelling experience in a professional services/Big 4 or similar environment
- Achievement of, or significant progress towards CFA or other professional certification
- Understanding of the broader GCC/MENA market
- Arabic language skills (preferred although not mandatory)
What we look for
Solution driven individual and “out-of-comfort” zone thinker with demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects. We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients, goals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.