Cobblestone Energy is an independent trading firm. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading. Although we have experienced very strong growth so far, we are still near the start of our journey. We have ambitions to go a lot further.
Energy in one form or another is fundamental to almost all the world’s economic activities. By understanding the demand, supply, and logistics of these commodities, we can better understand the world.
We specialise in the proprietary trading of the short-term wholesale electricity markets across Europe. We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country and growing every day. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
Over the years we have grown organically. As part of our journey to be the best in all markets we enter, we would like to welcome a Data Engineer into our team. They will already be on a successful career path and looking to take the next step with increased responsibility and be a part of our growth story.
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas
- The team is more important than the individual
- Being the best in any market we enter
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people
- Others must benefit from our existence.
Financial Accountant – Dubai, UAE
Starting salary: 40,000 to 65,000 USD per annum DOE 0% tax environment + Discretionary performance-based bonus.
We are looking for an ambitious Finance Professional to join our rapidly expanding business. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to help scale up the business and have a big impact in the Finance Department.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, detail-oriented and have a demonstrated ability to effectively influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, financial analysis, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives.
We are looking to build a department with sophisticated financial systems that can scale as we continue to grow.
What we offer in this role
- Committed and remarkably talented colleagues.
- An exciting and challenging career with unlimited growth opportunities.
- An opportunity to build things from scratch and make independent decisions.
- Opportunity to be part of the leadership team.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Finance
- Ability to leverage technology to simplify, improve and innovate finance processes and systems.
- Entrepreneurial individual ready to take complete ownership of finance processes.
- Advanced analytical and numerical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and accounting software; familiarity with data query/data management tools is desirable.
- Independent thinker with a growth mindset.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual statements (balance sheets and income statements) to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Manage and coordinate compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings in the different jurisdictions in which we have operations.
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
- Collecting and analysing financial data, which is then used in the preparation of weekly and monthly estimates
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements, and controlling expenditure and cash flow
- Coordinate the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data
- Examining financial records to check for accuracy
- Manage the preparation and posting of receipts, deposits, purchase orders, invoices, refunds, and other standard bookkeeping tasks
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Provide oversight to Admin in line with petty cash disbursements, replenishment and petty cash count. Review and oversee reimbursements.
- Coordinate the preparation, tracking, and reconciliation of ledgers, budgets and financial plans.
- Coordinate the payroll preparation process
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Report on financial projections (e.g. liquidity and cash flow)
- Support month-end and year-end close processes
- Develop mechanisms, policies, and procedures to enhance compliance to the requirements of the finance functions, and accounting standards and regulations.
- Implement and drive improvements in the core financial processes and reporting for the business.
- Use technology to streamline and amplify our finance function capabilities.
- Learn new technologies and transform your learnings into applicable tools to benefit our growth ambitions.
- Motivate/lead/train/supervise other team members within the finance function.
- 2+ years’ experience in one of the large accounting /audit firms.
- Exposure to finance issues in multiple jurisdictions
- 1+ years in similar business activities (e.g., Trading / Electricity Trading).
- Experience with Group accounting and cross border transactions
- In-depth understanding of bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations
- BSc degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics or relevant field
- Additional certification (e.g. ACCA or CPA) is preferred