17th January, 2022
Last date to apply
6th March, 2022
5 years – 6 years
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University, USA for more than 40 years and in over 150 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego under UNFPA funded program, is working to integrate FP information and services in existing health systems through capacitating health workforce, both facility and community-based service providers, sensitize community including young people on FP and health issues, and providing continuous quality improvement in the targeted health facilities by providing supportive supervision.
Jhpiego, seeks Program Officer for Karachi at Provincial Level to implement UNFPA program activities and technical quality of province-based activities in close coordination with concerned departments of Sindh.
- Implement the execution of work plan activities in Sindh province.
- Develop and maintain strong coordination in consultation with program manager with all relevant government departments and stakeholders like CIP, PWD, DHO West office, DPWO office Karachi, HANDs etc.
- Implement and monitor planned activities, coordinate technical assistance for program implementation through trainings and supportive supervision.
- Prepare relevant reports, work closely with program manager to ensure high quality project implementation, maintain close coordination with relevant stakeholder at the province.
- Develop training plans, supportive supervision visits, community outreach/awareness sessions and LHWs’ follow up meeting plans in coordination with relevant officials and program lead.
- Plan and make arrangements for quarterly progress review meetings of Sindh.
- Develop plan and arrangements for male mobilizer strategy and capacity building activities.
- Ensure material and resources to implement training, supportive supervision visits, community outreach/awareness sessions and LHWs’ follow up meeting plans.
- Organize/ensure that all the activities i-e trainings, supportive supervision visits, community outreach/awareness sessions and LHWs’ follow up meetings are being conducted as per plan and Jhpiego’s standards.
- Collect routine services data from facility on monthly basis and submit the data on prescribed format in timely manner, analyze the data and generate report.
- Ensure trainings and supportive supervision data entry in prescribed format, analyze the data and submission of data and reports in timely manner and whenever requested.
- Submit required reports on time and whenever requested.
- Provide updates on ongoing activities and situation to the program lead.
- Coordinate with logistic/admin to ensure training arrangement in timely manner.
- Facilitate donor/partner visits when and where required.
- Assist program lead for development of quarterly reports.
- Perform any other official task assign by the supervisor/organization.
Individual must have:
- Preferably Qualified medical doctor, Nurse-Midwife, Midwife.
- At least 5 years of working experience with 3 years’ experience in conducting trainings and supervisory visits specifically trainings related to family planning.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills, report writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work in complex/emergency situation with good stress and conflict management skills.
- Strong advocacy skills, leadership qualities, ability to create synergies, interpersonal skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project.
- Proven professional experience working with nonprofit organizations, an/or government organizations, preferably in family planning program.
- Strong coordination skills and ability to develop positive professional relationship with staff posted at attached public sector facilities.
- Good written and spoken English, Urdu and provincial local language.
- Good computer skills and experience of working in MS words, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent clinical training and supportive supervisory skills.
- Excellent coordination skills with demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and professionalism.
- Covid vaccination certificate would be desirable as per government protocols.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org